An environmentalist is then, someone who cares about environment, but as much as environment, also about man's happiness and ability to continue to have a decent life.
Checklist for an environmentalist's action would be;
- food which is low-resource produced as organic, vegan, rich in nutrients, locally produced and seasonal food
- a lifestyle which is low-resource produced as buying clothes and things which is long-lasting and often good quality, use things as long as it is possible, second-hand shop, borrow things which is not needed daily, and share
- ethic shopping as fairtrade, no animal testing, no endangered species, no pollution, no waste of water
- activities which does not require so much resources; cultural, art, historical, theater, music, most sports and outdoor activities and handcraft
- transportations mostly by walk and bike or longer with train
Some call it voluntary simplicity, a choice to live a life with less needs, a more free life. But is it? And can we say that it is free to choice anything out there, like a shopoholic? We all have our ideals, and groups we would like to be identified with. Our surroundings says so. People says so. Environment says so.
People around the planet dream to live like we do, but they can't. They never will. We are out of resources before that.
To be an environmentalist is to have a dream for a better place. The mission for the environmentalist is to find the way there.
Environmental awareness: attitude or action?
Ecological modernization vs Ecocities
What's wrong with the human society?
Making the consistency of ideas
The perfect society
Creations of groups and exclusion of others